Friday, January 10, 2014

Falling in love with His Words

".....and who through the spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the son of God....."

repeating.... again and again..... memorizing.... the words.... the words that bring life.....

All the heart really knows is what it knows by heart.....
"I have laid up Thy word in my heart, that I might not sin against Thee."
(Psalms 119:11)

"I know no other single practice in the Christian life more rewarding..... than memorizing Scripture..... No other single exercise pays greater spiritual dividends"
-Charles Swindell-

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to the WORD. With my whole heart I seek Thee; let me not wonder from Thy commandments! "
(Psalms. 119: 9-10)

"Bible memorization is absolutely fundamental to spiritual formation. If I had to choose between all the disciplines of the spiritual life, I would choose Bible memorization, because it is a fundamental way of filling our minds with what it needs. This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth. That’s where you need it!
How does it get in your mouth?
Memorization"
-Dallas Willard-

"This book of law shall not depart from thy mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night...."
(Joshua 1:8)

Memorizing Scripture is obeying the Lord,
"Let the word of Christ rarely in you richly, teach and admonish one another in all wisdom"
(Colossians 3:16)

Let us lay in our hearts what is a light to our feet and hold fast to what is lamp into our paths....


No comments:

Post a Comment